Make the most of your session
Prior to the Session
it is important to take the time to properly prepare in order to ensure maximum effectiveness. Consider the current situation and set clear goals for what you wish to achieve. Reflect on past efforts and the impact they had, and consider any necessary adjustments to be made moving forward. By taking the time to properly prepare, you will be better equipped to achieve your desired results during the session.
During the Session
it is recommended that you have a pen and notebook readily available to jot down important notes and practical steps discussed with your coach.
This will help ensure that you are able to effectively implement any actionable items discussed during the session.
Reflect on the conversation and any next steps. Consider what you learned and how it can be applied in the future. Determine the initial action to be taken and create a plan for implementation.
Identify potential resources, such as colleagues or mentors, who can provide support and guidance.
Take your time
- Take your time before and after the session. Set aside at least 30 minutes of undisturbed time.
- During this time, turn off or mute notifications on all devices and put your phone on airplane mode (unless it’s needed for the session).
- Use this time to reflect and make notes on the session. This will help you make the most of the session and stay focused.
Preparing for a Session
Proper preparation leads to a more productive session. Take the time to think about the topics that need to be addressed, the issues that need to be resolved, and your overall goals for the session.
Consider your own strengths and ask yourself why this session is necessary at this moment. Reflect on any previous attempts made to address the same issues and the outcomes they yielded. By taking these steps, you will be better equipped to make the most of your session.
- What topics do I need to address during this session?
- What problems or challenges am I looking to resolve?
- What outcome am I hoping to achieve by having this session?
- What specific value or insights am I expecting to gain from this session?
- How can I leverage my own skills and expertise to contribute to the solution?
- Why is this session important to me and/or the company at this particular time?
- What previous efforts have been made to address the same issues, and what were the results?
Follow-up steps outside of the session
The purpose of the session is to provide you with valuable insights and actionable steps to move forward. However, achieving your goals requires ongoing effort and commitment. Setting up a support system can help keep you accountable and motivated as you work towards your objectives.
Keeping a journal can be a useful tool for organizing your thoughts, staying aware of your plans, tracking your progress, and maintaining motivation. It is recommended to record your plans, thoughts, and progress in one notebook or file that is dedicated solely to this purpose. It is best to make journaling a regular habit, such as every morning before breakfast, at the end of the workday, or every Sunday morning. It is important to find a schedule that is realistic and stick to it. If it proves to be unworkable, adjust your planning accordingly.
Maintaining records can greatly benefit your personal and professional development. It allows you to:
- Organize your thoughts and ideas
- Stay informed and aware of your plans and goals
- Track your progress and measure your success
- Make adjustments as necessary to optimize your plans
- Stay motivated and focused on achieving your objectives. By keeping accurate records, you can stay on track and make sure that you are making the most of your time and resources.
Asking for support and advice can be difficult for many people, but it is important to remember that others appreciate it when you ask for their help.
Building stronger connections with those around you can be achieved by being open about your struggles and involving others in finding solutions. Some ways to involve others in your life include:
- Sharing your goals and progress with a friend or family member
- Finding a workout or hobby buddy
- Seeking advice from those who have skills or experiences you want to learn from.
Remember, involving others in your life can be beneficial for both you and those you ask for support.